Information for publishing authors
- For being able to use the publication service KartDok, you first have to register only once at KartDok. After the registration, you, as the copyright holder, have the possibility, in accordance with this binding publication guideline, to publish an unlimited number of documents in KartDok.
- You start the publication procedure by a log-in at the server. Then our web forms are available under the menu point „Submit document“ for the transfer of your documents to KartDok.
- The web form allows you to register and save the bibliographic metadata of your contribution. For uploading your document please also use the same web form.
- Please send the the fully completed and digitally signed publishing agreement in PDF data format via email to: email@example.com.
- The activation of the submitted publication usually takes ca. one week. Please take note that the contributions that you plan to publish can only be activated in KartDok after a formal and content-related check.
In order to provide a thematic access to the contents of KartDok we ask the applicants to provide for their work content-related describing metadata in the course of the submission procedure:
- both with free keywords
- and, if possible, also with standardized keywords (Terminology of the Gemeinsame Normdatei which is integrated in the background)
- In case you transfer exclusive rights of use, you can no longer make full use of your own work.
- It is, for example, no longer possible to make your scientific work freely available online. For an Open Access publication you first have to get a licensing agreement from your publisher. The publisher may charge you for this.
- Therefore, always maintain your rights in contracts with publishers.
- If you publish with a publisher using a payment model, delete restrictive formulations such as “transfer of exclusive rights“ in the publisher contract.
- In case the publisher insists on the transfer of exclusive rights, you should in your publisher contract at least retain your right of use regarding an Open Access second publication. For this purpose Scholar's Copyright Addendum Engine of Creative Commons provides text modules to create an appropriate supplement to the publisher contract (addendum) (see also the information of the open-access.network project).
- If the publisher refuses an immediate Open Access publication, you should agree upon a shortest possible embargo period (up to one year).
3.2) Checking the barrier-free accessibility of PDF documents (Standard PDF/UA)
Regarding your publication please also observe teh requirements regarding barrier-free accessibility according to § 3, sections 1 to 4 and § 4 of the barrier-free information technology act (BITV 2.0), which was passed on the basis of § 12d of the act on equal opportunities of persons with disabilities (BGG). More information on digital barrier-free accessibility can be found in the publication guideline for KartDok.
Help is provided, among others, in these guides and programs regarding the creation and validation of barrier-free PDF documents.
- Microsoft Office: Improve accessibility with the Accessibility Checker
- Detailed Information materials of the Technische Universität Dresden: How to create accessible PDF documents with Word (PDF, 8,20 MB)
- Adobe Acrobat (Acrobat Pro, Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Acrobat 2020, Adobe Acrobat 2017): Create and verify PDF accessibility
More help, for example for editing your documents in PDF format, can be requested via our contact form.
Currently we are not in a position to establish a reporting procedure for VG Wort regarding KartDok. However, VG Wort offers a special payout, which functions without using tracking pixels. For more information, look on the web pages of VG Wort (DE).